Student Visa


What is F-1 Visa?

The F-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for international students who wish to study in the United States at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, high school, elementary school, or language training program.


Am I Eligible for a F-1 Visa?

For numerous students, the opportunity to pursue education in the United States represents the culmination of years of diligent effort and commitment. Unless an individual is already a U.S. citizen or holds a green card, all potential students will need to initiate the process of applying for a visa to study in the United States.

– Given the wide array of courses and educational institutions available in the United States, the F-1 visa encompasses a fairly extensive range of possibilities, along with some clearly defined regulations. First and foremost, it is essential that the intention behind coming to the United States is temporary for the purpose of studying, rather than seeking immigrant status.

– Enrollment in an academic institution is a prerequisite, excluding attendance at vocational schools which necessitates an M-1 visa. The chosen academic institution must gain approval from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP), indicating its accreditation to admit foreign students under F-1 visas.

– While some employment opportunities are permissible, they are subject to limitations due to the non-immigrant nature of the visa. Furthermore, while your spouse and children are allowed to accompany you, they are generally not eligible for employment; however, your children are eligible for school enrollment. They will be issued F-2 visas and their status will be linked to your own visa status.

– Boundless offers comprehensive assistance with your F-1 visa application process, aiding in preparation for the visa interview, and addressing any inquiries you may have regarding student visas. To learn more about our services, please explore the details provided.

– Overall, to qualify for an F-1 visa, you must be enrolled in a full-time academic program or language training course, have sufficient financial support for the duration of your studies, and demonstrate intent to return to your home country upon completing your studies.


What are the requirements for a F-1 Visa?

For many students, the process of applying and being accepted into a U.S. academic institution is the lengthiest part. The visa process is a series of steps that take place after you accept an enrollment offer. 

– Apply and be accepted into a course of study at a SEVP-approved school in the United States. SEVP-approved schools are not just universities — they can also be high schools, seminaries, private elementary schools, conservatories, or a language program.

– You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution.

– You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency.

– Have proof of sufficient financial funds to support study in the United States.

– Have ties to your home country that show an intent to return after you finish studying in the United States since the F-1 visa program is a temporary visa.

– Live outside the United States when you apply.


How long does it take to get a F-1 Visa?

The processing time for an F-1 visa can vary greatly, ranging from a few weeks to several months, depending on factors such as the applicant’s nationality, the specific U.S. embassy or consulate, and the time of year. To ensure a smooth application process, it is recommended to apply as soon as you receive your Form I-20, check processing times and appointment availability at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country, and start the application process early, especially during peak travel seasons and student intake periods.


How long will my F-1 Visa be valid?

An F-1 visa is typically valid for the duration of your academic program, as indicated on your Form I-20, which is issued by the school you plan to attend. In addition, F-1 students are granted a 60-day grace period following the completion of their program to prepare for departure from the United States, transfer to another academic program, or apply for a change of status (if eligible)


What are the costs/fees in applying for a F-1 Visa?

SEVIS I-901 Fee: International students must pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee, which is $350 as of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021. This fee supports the administration and maintenance of the SEVIS system. Visa Application Fee: The non-refundable visa application fee for F-1 visas is $160, as of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021. This fee is paid when you submit the online DS-160 visa application form.

**Consultation fee will be separate**

For pricing please Contact Us


How can I apply and what is the process?

You will need to apply to and be accepted by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school. Once accepted, the school will issue you a Form I-20, which you will need to submit along with your visa application (DS-160 form). You will also be required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and schedule an appointment for a visa interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country.


  • Can I work on an F-1 Visa?
    F-1 visa holders are allowed to work on-campus part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during the academic year and full-time during holidays and vacation periods. Off-campus employment may be permitted under specific conditions, such as Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allow students to gain practical experience related to their field of study.
  • Are my dependents covered?
    Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of F-1 visa holders are eligible for an F-2 visa. F-2 visa holders are not allowed to work but may enroll in part-time study programs.
  • How do I maintain my F-1 Visa?
    F-1 students must maintain their status by enrolling in a full course of study, making satisfactory academic progress, and abiding by the rules of their school and U.S. immigration laws.
  • Can I work while on an F-1 visa?
    F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. After the first academic year, F-1 students may engage in three types of off-campus employment. 1. Curricular Practical Training (CPT) 2. Optional Practical Training (OPT) (pre-completion or post-completion) 3. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training Extension (OPT)
Student F-1 Visa
Video Testimonials
Quick Consultation