Tourist Visa


What is B-1 / B-2 Visa?

The B-1 visa and B-2 visa are short-term, non-permanent visas for visitors, granting them the ability to journey to the United States for either business or tourism intentions. While B Visas encompass numerous grounds for traveling to the U.S., there exist various other non-immigrant visas designed for temporary visits to the U.S., including K-1 (fiancé) visas, F-1 (student) visas, H-1B visas, and more.

The difference between a B-1 visa and a B-2 visa?

The B-1 visa category is intended for individuals who require entry to the United States for business-related purposes. This includes activities like participating in work conferences, engaging in business consultations, managing estates, negotiating contracts, or taking professional exams and obtaining licenses. The B-1 visa is designed exclusively for business-related endeavors and does not grant permission for formal employment or extended work arrangements within the U.S. However, in March 2023, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) made an announcement permitting individuals holding B-1 or B-2 visas to apply for job positions in the U.S. and attend job interviews.

On the other hand, the B-2 visa (commonly known as the tourist visa) is meant for tourism, vacations, visiting friends and family, and certain medical treatments. It also encompasses participation in social events or competitions such as music or sports, as long as no monetary compensation is received. In many instances, a B-1/B-2 visa is issued as a combination, allowing the visa holder to travel for both business and leisure purposes.


Am I Eligible for a B-1 / B-2 Visa?

Those who wish to travel to the US for tourism, vacation, or to visit family should apply for the B-2 visa. This visa also includes those who are entering the country for medical treatment or participation in certain types of social or service events.

Notably, the B-1 Visa does not cover visitors entering the U.S. for the purpose of engaging in skilled or unskilled labor. Nevertheless, certain exemptions exist for business visitors who may be eligible for the B-1 Visa, provided below.

– Contract negotiations.

– Litigation.

– Independent research.

– Taking purchase orders.

– Consultation with business associates.

– Participation in meetings, conventions, conferences and seminars.

– Certain professional athletes, such as golfers and auto racers, who receive no salary or payment other than prize money; members of a foreign-based team coming to compete in international competition; and amateur hockey players joining a professional team for brief tryouts with a National Hockey League team and whom receive only incidental expenses.

– Prospective investors seeking investment opportunities to qualify for E-2 Visa classification.

– Commercial or industrial workers with specialized knowledge to install, service, or repair equipment or machinery purchased abroad or to train U.S. workers provided their services are required pursuant to a contract.

– Artists coming to the U.S. to paint, sculpt, etc., who are not under contract with a U.S. employer and who do not intend to regularly sell their artwork in the U.S.

– Participants in International Competitions. A professional entertainer may be eligible for a B-1 Visa when coming to the United States to participate in a competition for which there is no remuneration other than a prize (monetary or otherwise) and expenses.

– Musicians may be issued a B-1 visa, provided the musician is coming to the United Sates in order to utilize recording facilities for recording purposes only, the recording will be distributed and sold only outside the United States, and no public performances will be given.

– Still photographers may enter the United States with B-1 visas for the purpose of taking photographs as long as they receive no income from a U.S. source.

– Tourism

– Vacation (holiday)

– Visit with friends or relatives

– Medical treatment

– Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations

– Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating

– Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)

***Please note you cannot travel under this visa to engage any of the following:***

– Study

– Long-term employment by a U.S. firm

– Paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience

– Arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft

– Work as foreign press, in radio, film, print journalism, or other information media

– Permanent residence in the United States


What are the requirements for a B-1/B-2 Visa?

A B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for many types of trips to the U.S., including business and non-business activities like tourism. If you want to apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa, you need to prove that your trip to the U.S. is only for a short time.

You must also show proof that you plan to return to your home country after your visit, and that you have a place to live outside the U.S. that you will not leave for good. These points help show that you will follow the rules of the B-1/B-2 visa.

– A passport valid for six months past the date of return

– A recent digital photograph that meets government requirements

– Documentation of the past five previous trips to the United States, if applicable

– Proof of funds to cover the entire cost of the trip, including travel, accommodation, and living expenses

– Proof of binding ties to the applicant’s home country, such as a job, property, or family


How long does it take to get a B-1/B-2 Visa?

The average wait time (processing time) for a B-1/B-2 visa interview appointment is currently two months. To check the wait time for your specific embassy or consulate, enter your city in this handy State Department tool under the section “Appointment Wait Time.” Note that if you are applying for an interview in a country other than your home country, wait times may be longer.

How Long Can You Stay in the USA with a B-1/B-2 Visa?

The B-1/B-2 visa is classified as a multiple-entry visa, allowing you to make multiple visits to the United States. There is no predetermined limit on the frequency of visits you can undertake within a year. The frequency of your visits depends on the specific circumstances and the discretion of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers who assess your situation each time you enter the U.S.

It’s essential to bear in mind that the B-1/B-2 visa is designed for temporary and sporadic trips related to business, tourism, or medical treatment. It is not intended for sustained long-term residency in the U.S. or for spending a majority of your time within the country.

If CBP officers suspect that you are attempting to establish long-term residence in the U.S. through frequent or extended stays, or if they find that you are not maintaining substantial connections to your home country, they may question the appropriate use of the visa. This suspicion could potentially result in entry denial or future visa complications.


How long will my B-1/B-2 Visa be valid?

The B-1/B-2 US Tourist Visa is categorized as a non-immigrant visa for the United States. Its duration of validity spans from 1 month to 10 years and permits single, double, or multiple entries into the U.S. The duration of stay, which is capped at a maximum of 6 months, is documented by the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer. This recording takes place at the entry port and is noted on the Visa holder’s Form I-94.

The validity period specifies the timeframe during which the Visa can be utilized to enter the U.S. The duration of stay designates the length of time an individual is allowed to remain in the U.S. following each individual entry.


What are the costs/fees in applying for a B-1/ B-2 Visa?

Currently, the government filing fee for a B visa is $185, which does not include the cost of gathering documents and evidence and acquiring passport photos.

**Consultation fee will be separate**

For pricing please Contact Us


How can I apply and what is the process?

Obtaining a B visa follows a simple procedure. You will need to complete a single U.S. government form, gather necessary documents (such as an itinerary, financial records, and evidence of your connections to your home country), make required payments, and attend a personal interview at a U.S. consulate.

Nonetheless, it is vital to approach this process with seriousness. Failing to submit a comprehensive and compelling application could lead to joining the ranks of individuals denied a B visa annually. The U.S. consular officer responsible for assessing your case will have limited room for discussion, underscoring the importance of getting everything right on your initial attempt.


  • Who is eligible for B-1 visa or B-2 visa?
    If you’re looking to temporarily visit the U.S. for either holiday or work purposes, for example, attending a conference, touring a place or visiting relatives, then you can apply for a B-1/B-2 visa. You may need to show proof that you have ties to your home country, and that you plan on leaving the U.S..
  • How long can I stay in the U.S. b-1/b-2 visa?
    When you enter the U.S., a customs officer will give you authorization to stay in the the country for up to six months. If you’d like to stay for longer, you may be able to apply to extend this for up to one year.
  • How do I extend my stay on B-1 visa or B-2 visa?
    If you are nearing the end of your permitted stay in the U.S., then you may wish to extend it, especially since there can be future consequences if you stay in the U.S. longer than you were allowed to. If you’re on a B-1 visa or a B-2 visa, you can request to extend your stay up to one year. To do this, you will need to file Form I-539 to extend or change your status. It’s recommended that you apply to extend your status at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires, so make sure you’re thinking ahead.
  • Is the B-1/B-2 visa an immigrant or non-immigrant visa?
    The B-1/B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa, but if your circumstances change, for example, you marry a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, there are several paths from a visitor visa to a green card.
  • Do I need a certain amount of funds in my bank account to be approved for a travel visa?
    No. There's a widespread misunderstanding about travel visa approval, often assuming that demonstrating a specific sum of money in your bank account is a prerequisite. While financial matters play a role in the B-1/B-2 visa application, and the consular officer might assess your capability to sustain yourself financially during your U.S. stay, there isn't a fixed minimum fund requirement to fulfill. The assessment of financial aspects will differ for each applicant, influenced by various additional factors.
Tourist B-1
Video Testimonials
Quick Consultation